Katrien Kruger Physiotherapy is a physiotherapy practice in the small coastal town of Saldanha. Our practice is open to anyone who requires the professional services of a physiotherapist.
The practice is situated on the main road between Saldanha and Vredenburg with off road parking both in front and behind the practice. Wheelchair access is available at the back entrance, so please call ahead and ask about this. We can then ensure that someone is there to assist you.
The practice has two fully equipped private treatment rooms and a larger room for intimate exercise and pilates classes as well as rehabilitation purposes.
PHOTO:Practice from Main Road
PHOTO:Practice Room One
PHOTO:Practice Room Two
The more I work as a physio, the more I learn and the more I realise that this is me. This is where I am supposed to be, what I am supposed to be. I truly believe in the art and skills of physiotherapy. The way of thinking resonates with mine. Maybe this is what inspired me to start a practice in Saldanha in 2012. Combined with the ethos that only the best will do, we inspire to treat patients in an ethical, professional and humanely manner in the same way we would want to be treated ourselves.
After graduating in 2003 I spent my obligatory Community Service Year in Hlabisa, KwaZulu-Natal. This sparked my interest in different cultures and 2005 saw me on the plane to the UK. I worked as a Locum for 2 years and then held a permanent post in Northampton. Having to work in various fields of physiotherapy assisted in establishing a strong general foundation and reinforced the yearning to hone in on my first love in physiotherapy: orthopaedics and sport.
In 2009 I started a structured MSc in Physiotherapy in the field of Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy. During this time I had a full-time post as physiotherapist Marcelle Pienaar Physioterapy in Constantia Sportsmedicine centre. The centre was situated in the Constantiaberg MediClinic and this allowed for priceless experience in both in-hospital physiotherapy and outpatient physiotherapy.
New-found love and marriage brought me back to the town of my childhood, Saldanha and I started Katrien Kruger Physiotherapy.
I have a keen interest in all forms of rehabilitation and hope that I never stop learning.
BSc Physio (Stellenbosch University)
MSc Physio OMT (Stellenbosch University)
Health Professionals Council of SA
SA Society of Physiotherapy
OMPTG special interest group
- Back (P) – When to watch & when to act
- WCOMPTG 3rd current concepts symposium: Research evidence on peripheral neural and soft tissue dysfunction.
- Ethics Medico Legal Report writing.
- Masterclass: Patellofemoral Pain & Thoracic Outlet – Presenter
- Spinal Manipulation workshop
- Introduction to dynamic Taping
- Womens Health Physiotherapy Group Ante & Post-Natal Course
- Ethical Do’s and Dont’s: How aware are you in terms of Practice & Billing
- Ethical principles in Neuromusculo-Skeletal conditions
- Compensation strategie in lumbo pelvic pain.
- Dry Needling Level 1
- CPR for Medical practitioners (BLS Medical)
- APPI Certified Matwork Pilates Instructor, Matwork Level 1, Level 2, Level 3
- Qualified as APPI Pilates instructor
- Management of the cervical spine (OMPTG) – July 2015
- OMPTG Certificate – Feb. 2015
Louise joined the practice in 2015 as a full-time physiotherapist.
After graduating from Stellenbosch University, she completed the compulsory community service at Central Karoo Hospital, De Aar. This was followed by physiotherapy appointments in various parts of the country, from Durbanville to finally having her own practice in George, at the Outeniqua High School. Throughout the years Louise developed her contact with sports physiotherapy by being involved with various rugby and other sports teams and finally being the official physiotherapist for the SWD Cricket Team from 2012 until 2015. A move due to my husband transferring for a work opportunity brought me to Saldanha and I started at the practice of Katrien Kruger Physiotherapy in May 2015. Although trained in all fields of physiotherapy as required for graduate purposes, I have a keen interest in orthopaedic manipulative therapy, rehabilitation of all kinds and sport injuries.
BSc Physio Degree at University of Stellenbosch
Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy Diploma
Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
South African Society of Physiotherapy (SASP)
Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapy Group (OMPTG)
- Little Steps Level 1 Workshop on Low-Tech, High-Impact Care and Preterm Baby Feeding
- Little Steps Premmie Parenting Facilitator Workshop
- Dry Needling (module 1-3)
- Wheelchair repair & Shonaquip Buggy seating
- Spinal Manipulation Workshop – Adriaan Louw
- Evidence Based Management of the ICU patient – Dr Susan Hanekom
- The Mulligan Concept, Lower Quarter – Geoff Foat
- Shoulder Rehabilitation – Janine Grey
- Kinesio Taping 1&2 – Yolande de Jager
- Myofascial Concepts Course (Advanced) – Ina van die Walt
- OMT 1 Post-graduate diploma
- Thoracic and Lumbar Manipulation – Katie Schoeman
Ilse is part of the administrative staff at the practice since 2014. Her friendly and efficient manner will be your first contact with Katrien Kruger Physiotherapy. Ilse has knowledge of all the processes at the practice and will be ready to assist you with any queries or appointments.
2012: Boland College: Management assistant diploma